Absolutely true! I mean, think about it-if someone can gossip about someone else to you, what makes you think they won't do the same to you? I've learned that even if you are not gossiping,but you are the one listening to the gossip,that still makes you a gossiper.So, what should I do then? Diverge the situation.
- "I hope you and ____ can solve this situation"( you dont want to be the middleman caught in any drama.)
- "I don't feel comfortable talking about this situation without ___here"
- "____ I wanted to confirm that......"
- Excuse yourself from the conversation
- Put yourself in the shoes of the person being gossiped about. How would you feel?